Welcome to the Mid-Sussex Working Spaniel Club
Covering all of Sussex, the club holds both working tests and field trials, and has an extensive training programme from puppy, to fully trained gundog.
TESTS AND TRAINING 2021
Looking forward to the end of Covid restrictions, and pending Government and Kennel Club guidance, the club Intends to offer this year:
– Late spring Working Test – 23rd May 2021 (closing date for entries 9th May 2021)
– Summer water Picnic – 4th July 2021
– Training classes, both Novice and Puppy – starting April (click link). ALL CLASSES NOW FULLY SUBSCRIBED FOR 2021
– Autumn Working Test – 5th September 2021
– Four Field Trials – click link to field trial schedule: Trials
The Club is looking forward to welcoming members new and old to all events.
KENNEL CLUB ADVICE – COVID-19
The information is available in full here on the Kennel Club website.
AGM 2020 and 2021
The Club had to postpone the 2020 AGM, which was to be held on 4th April 2020. We will provide an update when possible on when and how we will be able to hold a 2021 AGM.
We run a full programme each year
- Monthly Training Classes
- A Spring and Autumn Working Test
- A water test and summer picnic
- One Novice A/V Field Trial
- Open Qualifying Field Trial
- Novice Cocker Field Trial
- Open Qualifying Cocker Field Trial
See the Club Calendar for dates of Club events.
SUBSCRIPTIONS ARE DUE 1ST APRIL
Please check your direct debit is for the correct amount and clearly states your surname followed by the word ‘subs’
Training sessions are held in the Mid Sussex area, usually on the third Sunday of the month. The Club has access to some 60 acres of excellent training ground, providing varied cover, open ground and water and is an ideal way for you to learn about training your dog in a fun and relaxed atmosphere.
The training ground is also available for the use of all Club Members for an annual fee of £10 on the third Sunday of each month. Please come and join us at this fabulous ground. Please ensure that you comply with current government Covid regulations when attending the training ground.