THE MID-SUSSEX WORKING SPANIEL CLUB CLUB RULES 2019
TITLE AND OBJECTS
1. The club shall be called the “THE MID-SUSSEX WORKING SPANIEL CLUB”. Its object shall be to encourage the working qualities of spaniels and to provide opportunity for developing these by training classes, tests and other appropriate means.
2. The management of the Club shall be in the hands of a Committee consisting of sixteen members, of whom one officer (excluding the President) and two other members in rotation will retire annually, but shall be eligible for re-election should they so desire. The Chairman, Vice Chairman, Hon General Secretary and Hon Treasurer shall be ex officio members. The President will, if agreeable, remain in office until otherwise decided by Members in General Meeting. Meetings of the Committee shall be held as often as deemed necessary, but at least every six months. At least 50% of the standing Committee shall form a quorum for the transaction of business. The Committee shall have the power to co-opt members onto the Committee in the event of positions becoming vacant between general meetings. Those co-opted shall only hold office until the next General Meeting of the Club at which an election of Officers and Committee takes place. No individual who has been a member for less than two years may be elected onto the Committee. Any Committee member who fails to attend 75% of the Committee meetings shall, at the discretion of the Committee, not be considered for re-election.
OFFICERS AND MEMBERS
3. The Club shall consist of President, Chairman, Vice Chairman, Hon General Secretary, Hon Field Trial Secretary Treasurer, a Training Co-Ordinator and Nine other elected members shall constitute the Committee, there shall be an unlimited number of Ordinary Members.
ELECTION OF MEMBERS
4. Candidates for membership of the Club shall be proposed by one Member and seconded by another and approved by the Committee at one of their meetings. Two negatives shall exclude.
5. Each member shall be entitled to one vote after six months membership. Double membership gives one vote to each member of the partnership.
6. The Annual Subscription shall be £10.00 single and £12.00 double (a double membership will apply in the case of husband and wife). Gamekeepers in Sussex, Surrey, Hampshire and Kent shall be free. Such amounts to become due on 31 March each year, regardless of date of joining. There shall be a £10.00 joining fee levied on all new members or when membership has lapsed. Only fully paid up members prior to 31 July have preference in the draw in the Society’s trials.
7. The property of the Club shall be vested in the Committee, and in the event of the Club ceasing to exist, a General Meeting shall be called to decide the disposal of any assets.
EXPULSION OF MEMBERS
8. Any member who shall be disqualified under Kennel Club Rule A11.j.(5) and /or Kennel Club Rule A11.j.(9). shall ipso facto cease to be a Member of the Society. If the conduct of any Member shall, in the opinion of the Committee of the Society, be injurious or likely to be injurious to the character or interests of the Society, the Committee of the Society may, at a meeting, the notice convening which includes as an object the consideration of the conduct of the Member, determine that a Special General Meeting of the Society shall be called for the purpose of passing a resolution to expel him/her. Notice of the Special General Meeting shall be sent to the accused Member, giving particulars of the complaint and advising of the place, date and hour of the Meeting that he/she may attend and offer an explanation. If at that Meeting, a resolution to expel is passed by a two-thirds majority of the Members present and voting, his/her name shall forthwith be erased from the list of Members and he/she shall thereupon cease for all purposes to be a Member of the Society except that he/she may within two calendar months from the date of such Meeting, appeal to the Kennel Club upon and subject to such conditions as The Kennel Club may impose.
9. The financial year of the Club shall be from 1 February to 31 January.
The Annual General Meeting shall be held within eight weeks of the end of the financial year for the following purposes:-
To receive the report of the Committee and Balance Sheet, to elect Officers and to discuss any resolutions duly placed on the Agenda. Items for the agenda must be received by the Hon General Secretary no later than ten days prior to the AGM. No business shall be transacted at the AGM unless notice thereof appears on the Agenda, with the exception of routine matters of those in the opinion of the Chairman of the Meeting are urgent. The certified accounts will be made available on request to members fourteen days prior to the AGM.
The election of Officers and Committee at the AGM shall be either by vote or a ballot of those present at the Meeting.
a Special General Meeting shall be summoned by the Hon General Secretary if ten Members send a requisition signed by them stating the subject to be discussed; no other business other than the matter on the Agenda can be discussed at a Special General Meeting.
Members shall receive fourteen days notice of a General Meeting.
The rules of the Society shall not be altered except at a General Meeting or a Special General Meeting, the notice for which contains specific proposals to amend the rules. Any alteration of the Rules shall not be brought into force until The Kennel Club has been advised and given its approval to the alterations.
The Society will maintain an up to date list of members names and their addresses and make the list of names available for inspection if so requested by the Members of the Society or by The Kennel Club.
The Officers acknowledge that during the month of January each year the Maintenance of Title fee will be forwarded to The Kennel Club by the General Secretary for the continuance of registration and that by 31 July each year, other returns, as stipulated in The Kennel Club Regulations for the Registration and Maintenance of Title of Societies and Breed Councils will be forwarded to The Kennel Club. The Officers also acknowledge their duty to inform The Kennel Club of any change of Secretary of the Society which may occur during the course of the year.
10. , That a Banking Account be opened in the name of the Club into which all revenue of the Club shall be paid and from which withdrawal shall only be made on the signature of two or more Officers. The accounts shall be kept by the Hon Treasurer and two Auditors, unconnected to the committee, shall be appointed at each AGM to audit the Club’s accounts for the ensuing year before the AGM.
THE KENNEL CLUB – THE FINAL COURT OF APPEAL
11. The Kennel Club shall be the final authority for interpreting the Rules and Regulations of the Society in all cases relative to Canine or Society matters.
12. The Society shall not join any Federation of Societies or Clubs.
13. No person whilst an undischarged bankrupt may serve on the Committee of or hold any other office or appointment within a Kennel Club Registered Society.
THE MID-SUSSEX WORKING SPANIEL CLUB CLUB RULES 2019